08-10-2010 12:40 PM
Yes, it is possible to do it, but it is going to take some time and effort to get set up correctly. I am printing invoices on pre-printed forms using a Microline 321. You are going to have to set up a custom invoice form in peachtree. Here are some points to keep in mind:
1. Use a font native to the printer, in order to keep print speeds up.
2. Do not forget to adjust top of form settings on the printer. I found it easiest to design the form in peachtree by starting right at the top of the page, and adjust the top of form on the printer so it starts in the right spot each time.
3. Adjust your page margins in the form designer, a dot matrix can print wider than the defaults, which will cause alignment issues when designing the form.
4. Once you have one field positioned perfectly, you can position everything else rather easily by measuring with a ruler on your pre-printed form and placing fields relative to each other.
5. If a networked environment - be sure you save the form with the correct printer saved in page setup, otherwise users will have to pick the correct printer each time they print an invoice.
Hope this helps,
08-08-2010 06:27 PM
We would like to use OKI Microline 791 printer to print invoices on pre -printed fan folded form 8.5x11 inch. in Peachtree Premium Accounting for distributors. Normally we print 40- 60 invoices at once. Is it possible ?. If "Yes" any specific settings or something else we should know?